More Car Salesman Resumes
Use these Car Salesman samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
More Jobhero Resources
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume
Car Salesman Resume FAQ
What should I put on my car salesman resume?
A car salesman resume should be compelling enough to grab the hiring manager’s attention. Here are three key points to keep in mind as you write your resume:
- Make your professional summary or resume objective concise and engaging by targeting the keywords and requirements in the job ad.
- List your previous roles in the work experience section. Each job should have a few bullet points where you can use active language like “sold,” “exceeded” and “created.”
- Use quantifiable achievements to show the impact you’ve made. Standard metrics for a car salesman include the number of sales, new leads generated and customer reviews.
How do you write a resume for a car salesman?
When you sit down to write your car salesman resume, follow these steps:
- Read the job ad closely, taking note of any hard skills or soft skills you should import into your resume.
- Choose a resume template that fits your career. A salesman may want to choose a professional, attractive style that isn’t very flashy.
- Fill out the template. You can use a resume builder to fill it out, which will walk you through every section, including the header, work experience, skills, education and professional summary; or do it on your own in a Word doc.
- Consider adding optional sections like a foreign language, volunteer work or professional associations if any of them apply to you.
- Proofread the resume carefully, then give it to a friend to proofread.
- Download the document as a PDF or whatever file format the employer prefers.
What skills does a car salesman need?
Based on the resumes in our database, these skills are among the most important for a car salesman:
- Customer service
- Active listening
- Reading body language
- Product knowledge
- Verbal communication
- Friendly and positive demeanor