Marketing Consultant Cover Letter
Marketing Consultants work on an advisory basis with companies and organizations, developing strategies, initiatives, programs, and tools to drive brand awareness and business development. They need to stay up-to-date on market trends and performance, as well as be able to build and sustain trusting and profitable relationships with clients.
Areas of expertise often mentioned in cover letters for Marketing Consultants include:
- Market expansion and penetration
- Campaign development and management
- Social media/digital media channels
- Program direction
- Trend/competitor analysis
- Budget oversight
- Marketing collateral
An example of a cover letter with comparable qualifications and skills follows below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Marketing Consultant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Campbell:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Marketing Consultant position you have available. As an accomplished and results-oriented professional with 13+ years of experience driving marketing success for Fortune 500 companies, I possess a wide range of knowledge and expertise that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your firm.
My background lies in successfully conceptualizing and implementing innovative marketing initiatives to drive market impact and expansion of product, program, and campaign launch and development efforts. With comprehensive experience driving strategic campaigns from launch through execution—as well as my background in both digital and traditional media channels—my established ability to enhance brand awareness and lead generation prepares me to significantly impact your company’s objectives.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Propelling product introduction, program development, market penetration, and successful overall marketing initiatives to stimulate revenue growth and business development.
- Working in an executive-level internal role as well as in a consultancy capacity for high-level companies including Nike, Patagonia, Kohl’s, and Red Bull.
- Realizing a 42% increase in online product sales for Nike following implementation of social media marketing strategy.
- Launching a complementary partner website for Patagonia, attracting more than 3 million unique site visitors in just four months.
- Projecting and managing multimillion-dollar budgets, negotiating pricing, researching market trends and competition, and defining targeted campaign direction and focus.
- Spearheading the development of highly effective marketing collateral—including both print and Web-based vehicles—to ensure optimal messaging and positioning.
- Demonstrating effective communication, organization, research, and time management abilities.
My proven success consulting with major companies to achieve corporate marketing goals and objectives, along with my comprehensive expertise in developing strategic initiatives and programs throughout all levels of the marketing cycle, will contribute immensely to the success of Sherpa Apparel. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Rebekah C. Foley