Advertising Account Executive Cover Letter
Advertising Account Executives work in advertising agencies, liaising between the agency and its clients. Typical duties these professionals complete include discussing requirements with clients, developing advertising campaigns, presenting campaign ideas to clients, implementing marketing strategies, writing reports for clients, passing proposals to the creative staff, coordinating staff, monitoring work progress, preparing budgets, and maintaining schedules.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following job skills and abilities:
- Advertising and marketing expertise
- Managerial skills
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Networking and negotiation
- Computer proficiency
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Problem-solving orientation
A well-written cover letter sample for Advertising Account Executive highlighting similar skills and experience is provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Advertising Account Executive Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Vanderhoof:
Success in advertising sales and account management requires perseverance, a profit-driven focus, and exceptionally honed interpersonal and analytical skills. As a highly motivated and results-oriented professional with experience overseeing client relationship management, budget administration, and business development, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next Advertising Account Executive.
My experience in managing client accounts, generating new leads, and reviewing competitive titles and market research to increase advertising spend positions me to substantially impact your organization. With my superior communication and relationship-building skills, I excel at connecting with key decision makers to quickly build profitable and lasting partnerships leading to sustained revenue growth. Additionally, my proven strengths in team leadership and territory management will allow me to immediately benefit your team.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Excelled throughout distinguished 12-year career with TechNOW Magazine as an Account Executive, establishing new accounts each month and achieving advertising revenue growth year-over-year by ~37%.
- Three-time winner of the “Account Executive of the Year” award from TechNOW; recognized for my intuitive ability to quickly build partnerships with new accounts, secure their trust, and accelerate revenue growth.
- Amassed an impressive record of 94% client retention by understanding their unique business needs; grew key major accounts by 60%.
- Worked collaboratively with title editors to build ad campaigns around editorial content, including both consistent content as well as special sections and features throughout the year.
- Developed and delivered customized presentations for both new and existing clients to secure profitable advertising contracts.
- Consistently outperformed sales quotas and goals through target account prospecting, opportunity management, and strategic planning.
- Hired, coached, mentored, developed, and managed a team of five junior account executives, two account assistants, and one intern.
My dedication to driving new business development and account management while maximizing sales opportunities, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed advertising goals, characterizes my career accomplishments and will allow me to greatly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing this opportunity, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Rachel J. Dunn