Communications Director Cover Letter
Communications Directors transmit messages to target audiences on behalf of an organization and make sure it has a positive image. Communications Directors are also called public relations directors and are usually responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies, monitoring media appearances, collaborating with the marketing and advertising department, recruiting and hiring communications staff, liaising with journalists and stakeholders, writing press releases and company materials, and coordinating internal communication.
Employers select candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Communication and public relations training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills and self-confidence
- Tact and diplomacy
- Strategic thinking
- Being able to work under pressure
- Decision-making and the ability to react fast and in a suitable manner during crisis situations
- Computer competences and knowledge of digital tools
Below is displayed a sample cover letter for Communications Director highlighting comparable skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Communications Director Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Morton:
Achieving success in the communications world requires the ability to conceptualize innovative marketing / public relations strategies and lead teams throughout campaign executions and program launches. As a creative and successful professional with 14+ years of experience directing high-impact PR, marketing, and general communications initiatives, I am well prepared to offer these strengths—and many others—to make a significant impact as PivotTown’s next Communications Director.
From developing overall communications strategies and producing targeted campaigns to spearheading PR efforts and utilizing social media tools to maximize brand exposure, my expertise can be leveraged to enable successful marketing and communications strategies and help PivotTown to achieve its fundraising and growth objectives. With the capacity to employ persuasive communication skills to influence public perceptions coupled with my proven history of developing trusting and lasting relationships, I am prepared to substantially impact the success of your organization.
Selected highlights of my qualifications and accomplishments include…
- Directing all communications, marketing, social media, PR, branding, and web content creation for $65M media/entertainment company; leading up to 21 staff members and serving as the chief media spokesperson for the company.
- Writing and editing press releases, annual reports, magazine articles, web content, and marketing collateral for distribution through both traditional and digital channels to drive brand recognition and enhancement.
- Oversaw web enhancement project, incorporating redesign and expansion; grew opt-in marketing list by 34% in the first year following new site launch.
- Invigorating brand identities through innovative communication strategies and dynamic collateral designed to incorporate organizational values and talents.
- Demonstrating outstanding communication, organizational, and leadership skills while thriving in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments.
Considering my proven talent for overseeing the conceptualization, implementation, and execution of ambitious communication plans, combined with my ability to motivate teams and foster enduring relationships, I am well positioned to immensely benefit PivotTown in this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Amelia C. White