Account Manager Cover Letter
Account Managers, or Accounts Managers, follow trends in their specific industries, such as marketing or technology, in an effort to create and maintain business accounts for a variety of new and present clients.
Sometimes a candidate’s cover letter can make or break his or her application. Employers want to get a good sense from your cover letter that you are equipped with the skills and experience necessary to get the job done.
Job descriptions for Account Managers show such duties as:
- Providing oversight and strategic management for billing and Accounts Receivable teams
- Ensuring accuracy in generating and validating billing, collections, audit support, unbilled receivable reconciliation, and the final closeout of contracts
- Working closely with assigned Senior Account Managers to ensure that the client s needs are being met
A sample cover letter for an Account Manager which serves as a good example of the skills and experience required for this position appears below.
Also, be sure to check out our extensive Account Manager resume samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Edith Byrd:
As a successful Account Manager with experience leading teams to generate unsurpassed revenue growth, I am an extremely focused, driven and results-oriented leader. I have extensive skills in the areas of revenue acceleration, market analysis, B2B sales, and development of major marketing initiatives.
I am now seeking the opportunity to utilize my experience for your firm as a National Accounts Manager.
My highlights range from continuously meeting multi-million dollar goals to developing key partnerships. A sample of key contributions includes:
- Generated an average $2.1M in annual revenue.
- Created and maintained the highest producing branch in the company, through development of sales scripts, marketing techniques, and hands-on sales management in order to increase growth. Averaged 50% of company’s total revenue.
- Implemented file quality control measures, increasing monthly sales 18-20% and reduced operating costs by 8%.
- Awarded Manager of the Year for consistently exceeding sales goals.
I am a dedicated consultive sales expert with in-depth knowledge of client relationship management and leveraging sales techniques in order to grow market share. I possess the ability to clearly relate complex solutions to clients. My leadership skills enable me to turn around non-performing teams into profitable units generating new business.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my offerings with you in a more personal setting and I have included my contact information for your convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.