Human Resources Director Cover Letter
Human Resources Directors are responsible for a managing a company’s human resources and retaining valuable employees. Essential job duties include: creating human resources strategies, establishing objectives, coordinating areas such as talent acquisition and benefits, identifying training needs, counseling and disciplining staff, providing human resources advice, complying with legislation in the field, offering advice to management, monitoring sickness absence, and preparing human resources reports containing data such as cost per hire or staff turnover.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Human Resources Directors, job requirements include:
- Human resources expertise
- Organizational skills and strategic planning
- Analytical thinking
- Presentation abilities
- Computer competences
- Business acumen
- Reporting skills
Comparable Human Resources Director assets can be checked in the cover letter example displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Human Resources Director Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Farley:
With this letter and the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Human Resources Director position you are looking to fill. As an accomplished senior HR executive with more than 16 years of experience and success, I possess a range of knowledge and talents that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My expertise lies in successfully directing organizational planning and development through strategic HR initiatives and programs. Throughout my career history, I have managed compensation structures, benefits administration, talent selection, process improvements, staff and management training programs, and employee relations practices to ensure healthy and productive corporate environments. Additionally, my established success supervising and guiding teams positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Brought on board to serve as Senior HR Manager with Broadbase to improve company culture and accelerate growth; slashed turnover by 63% and helped to grow the company overall by 26%.
- Introduced an annual employee engagement survey; implemented new practices and policies based on survey results, working with all levels of staff across the organization; improved employee engagement by 33%.
- Innovating dynamic policies, programs, and initiatives to optimize employee morale and boost retention and satisfaction while providing ongoing advisement and feedback to senior management teams.
- Directing recruitment, appraisals, and change management to generate streamlined, efficient operations and achieve organizational objectives.
- Managing vital policies and programs, legal and federal compliance concerns, and standard operating procedures and serving as chief point of contact between vendors, counsel, and outside agencies.
- Establishing solid and trusting partnerships through exceptional relationship-building skills; utilizing positive energy and interpersonal abilities to secure employee and management trust.
My proven dedication to optimizing organizational success through my acute knowledge of human resources operations and strategies will contribute immensely to the success of your team. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
John R. Roman