Accounting Intern Cover Letter
Accounting Interns are entry-level, non-permanent workers performing various duties in an accounting firm. Internship programs are usually completed by students who want to accumulate job experience. Typical activities on an Accounting Intern include: preparing reports, organizing client information, using tax software, working on tax returns, helping with bank statements reconciliation, adhering to organization procedures, doing data entry work, and tracking physical inventory.
A well-written cover letter sample for Accounting Intern should put emphasis on the following abilities:
- Accounting expertise
- Part-time or full-time availability
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of accounting software
- Being able to work without supervision
- Teamworking abilities
- Time management and multitasking
- Effective communication
- Accuracy and attention to details
Below is displayed a cover letter example for Accounting Intern highlighting similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounting Intern Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Matheny:
Upon learning of your opening for an Accounting Intern, I hastened to submit my resume. With my strong understanding of business and accounting principles gained throughout my educational background, as well as my superior organizational and analytical abilities, I am confident in my ability to significantly benefit your company while amassing the necessary tools and skills to enable a longstanding accounting career.
From achieving extensive academic-based knowledge of general business and economics topics to gaining real-world business experience in financial analysis and accountability, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With my additional strengths in communication, time management, and team collaboration, I am positioned to thrive in this position at KPG & Associates.
Highlights of my background include…
- Poised to achieve a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from the University of Washington, attaining comprehensive knowledge of micro / macroeconomics, financial planning, and general accounting principles.
- Providing strong leadership to complete accounting-focused business projects while excelling within challenging, analytical environments.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills to provide excellent service and generate peak results.
- Thriving in both independent and collaborative team-oriented environments.
With my strong experience in business and accounting functions, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing how I can better meet your needs and objectives in person. Until then, thank you for your time and consideration.
Sean T. Phillips