Accounting Intern Cover Letter
Accounting Interns are entry-level, non-permanent workers performing various duties in an accounting firm. Internship programs are usually completed by students who want to accumulate job experience. Typical activities on an Accounting Intern include: preparing reports, organizing client information, using tax software, working on tax returns, helping with bank statements reconciliation, adhering to organization procedures, doing data entry work, and tracking physical inventory.
A well-written cover letter sample for Accounting Intern should put emphasis on the following abilities:
- Accounting expertise
- Part-time or full-time availability
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of accounting software
- Being able to work without supervision
- Teamworking abilities
- Time management and multitasking
- Effective communication
- Accuracy and attention to details
Below is displayed a cover letter example for Accounting Intern highlighting similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounting Intern Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Matheny:
Upon learning of your opening for an Accounting Intern, I hastened to submit my resume. With my strong understanding of business and accounting principles gained throughout my educational background, as well as my superior organizational and analytical abilities, I am confident in my ability to significantly benefit your company while amassing the necessary tools and skills to enable a longstanding accounting career.
From achieving extensive academic-based knowledge of general business and economics topics to gaining real-world business experience in financial analysis and accountability, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With my additional strengths in communication, time management, and team collaboration, I am positioned to thrive in this position at KPG & Associates.
Highlights of my background include…
- Poised to achieve a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from the University of Washington, attaining comprehensive knowledge of micro / macroeconomics, financial planning, and general accounting principles.
- Providing strong leadership to complete accounting-focused business projects while excelling within challenging, analytical environments.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills to provide excellent service and generate peak results.
- Thriving in both independent and collaborative team-oriented environments.
With my strong experience in business and accounting functions, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing how I can better meet your needs and objectives in person. Until then, thank you for your time and consideration.
Sean T. Phillips