Accounts Assistant Cover Letter
Accounts Assistants are employees providing clerical support to accountants. Essential duties and responsibilities of an Accounts Assistant include: taking phone calls, greeting guests, performing basic bookkeeping, preparing statutory accounts, maintaining records, handling petty cash transactions, making copies of accounting documents, reconciling bank statements, and maintaining information confidentiality. As part of their job, these professionals need to use applications such as performance analysis or depreciation software programs.
A well-written cover letter sample for Accounts Assistant should mention the following qualifications:
- Accounting expertise
- Organization and planning
- Office equipment familiarity
- Reporting skills
- Knowledge of financial software
- Fast typing and computer proficiency
- Attention to details and accuracy
- The ability to work under pressure
- Deadline orientation
Below is visible an example cover letter displaying similar Accounts Assistant skills.
For more information on what it takes to be an Accounts Assistant , check out our more complete Accounts Assistant Job Description.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounts Assistant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Malone:
Upon learning of your need for a dedicated and analytical Accounts Assistant, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. With my strong understanding of accounting principles gained throughout my educational background, as well as my superior administrative and organizational skills, I feel confident in my ability to significantly benefit your company.
From achieving strong knowledge of tax strategies and financial documents to conducting research and analyzing reports, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. Additionally, I possess complementary abilities in general administrative support tasks such as filing, phone coverage, bookkeeping, and data entry. With a solid foundation in accounting and finance, my time management and collaboration abilities make me ready to thrive in this position.
Highlights of my background include…
- Graduating Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and attaining comprehensive knowledge of strategic financial planning, tax preparation, and general US GAAP accounting principles.
- Preparing financial and accounting-related reports and supporting special projects while excelling within detail-oriented, deadline-driven environments.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills to achieve outstanding results.
With my recent academic-based experience in accounting, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Charla D. Medellin