More Accountant Assistant Resumes
Use these Accountant Assistant samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
More Jobhero Resources
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume
Accountant Assistant Resume FAQ
What should be on an accounting assistant's resume?
Hiring managers want to easily discern your bookkeeping, account maintenance and file-organizing skills. The summary statement, skills and work history sections of your accounting assistant resume can include some of the following seven skills:
- Knowledge of accounting software Zoho Books, FreshBooks or Intuit QuickBooks.
- File organization related to receipts, invoices and client accounts.
- Familiarity with spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel or Google Docs.
- Written communication.
- Analytical thinking.
- Language skills.
What are the duties of an accountant assistant?
The duties and responsibilities of an accountant assistant can vary depending on the size and goals of a company. Still, you can expect to contribute to the following tasks:
- Data entry and processing.
- Record transactions in accounting software or ledgers.
- Prepare budget and report drafts.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Organize and file account files.
What are the skills of account assistants?
Additional skills that account assistants can feature on their resume include the following technical, hard and soft skills:
- Familiar with spreadsheet software.
- Functional knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- Process payments.
- Participate in quarterly or annual audits.
- Math skills related to financial data.
- Analyze invoices and payments for errors or discrepancies.
- Evaluate current and previous financial data.
- File and organize invoices and financial statements.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Maintain and organize bookkeeping files.
You can use our list of the most requested resume skills found on online job posts.