Accounting Associate Cover Letter
Accounting Associates assist senior-level accounting and audit managers with a full range of accounting and bookkeeping tasks, performing routine and ongoing responsibilities while complying with appropriate regulations/guidelines and ensuring first-rate efficiency, productivity, and accuracy.
Our collection of cover letters shows the following skills and areas of expertise to be important in this role:
- Month-end closing
- Journal entries
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Account reconciliation
- Budget development/maintenance
Below is a sample cover letter for an Accounting Associate demonstrating similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounting Associate Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Saunders:
Upon learning of Dean & McKowski’s need for a new Accounting Associate to come on board, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume detailing my background and qualifications. As an analytical and experienced professional with proven abilities in performing comprehensive accounting responsibilities in support of senior-level accountants, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From performing accounts receivable/payable functions and reconciling accounts to processing invoices and assisting in audits, I excel in successfully assisting with all aspects of accounting concerns. My demonstrated talents—along with my general business and administrative skills—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Maintaining responsibility for general ledgers, journal entries, invoicing / coding, full-cycle AP/AR, and budgeting functions to realize optimal financial performance as a junior accountant with Promithory Machines for the past three years.
- Saving Promithory Machines more than $280,000 per year by eliminating third-party vendor and introducing a new internal billing program; accurately and expeditiously processing multi-state and international invoices for 600+ vendors each month.
- Assisting in training new hires in the accounting team on comprehensive departmental processes and tasks to maximize productivity.
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting—with honors—from the University of Nebraska.
- Excelling within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and achieving high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
With my experience in general accounting operations, combined with my inherent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role. Thank you for your consideration.
Jessica M. Parker