Accounting Associate Cover Letter
Accounting Associates assist senior-level accounting and audit managers with a full range of accounting and bookkeeping tasks, performing routine and ongoing responsibilities while complying with appropriate regulations/guidelines and ensuring first-rate efficiency, productivity, and accuracy.
Our collection of cover letters shows the following skills and areas of expertise to be important in this role:
- Month-end closing
- Journal entries
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Account reconciliation
- Budget development/maintenance
Below is a sample cover letter for an Accounting Associate demonstrating similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounting Associate Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Saunders:
Upon learning of Dean & McKowski’s need for a new Accounting Associate to come on board, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume detailing my background and qualifications. As an analytical and experienced professional with proven abilities in performing comprehensive accounting responsibilities in support of senior-level accountants, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From performing accounts receivable/payable functions and reconciling accounts to processing invoices and assisting in audits, I excel in successfully assisting with all aspects of accounting concerns. My demonstrated talents—along with my general business and administrative skills—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Maintaining responsibility for general ledgers, journal entries, invoicing / coding, full-cycle AP/AR, and budgeting functions to realize optimal financial performance as a junior accountant with Promithory Machines for the past three years.
- Saving Promithory Machines more than $280,000 per year by eliminating third-party vendor and introducing a new internal billing program; accurately and expeditiously processing multi-state and international invoices for 600+ vendors each month.
- Assisting in training new hires in the accounting team on comprehensive departmental processes and tasks to maximize productivity.
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting—with honors—from the University of Nebraska.
- Excelling within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and achieving high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
With my experience in general accounting operations, combined with my inherent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role. Thank you for your consideration.
Jessica M. Parker