Accounting Clerk Cover Letter
Accounting Clerks are responsible for supporting accounting activities in an organization. Their main duties are filing documents and reconciling statements. Other Accounting Clerk duties include performing data entry tasks, using accounting software, ensuring clerical support, preparing bank deposits, checking financial transactions, generating reports, and maintaining information confidentiality. These employees are also required to update their job knowledge by taking part in educational opportunities.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Accounting Clerk, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Accounting expertise
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Fast typing and computer competences
- Integrity and confidentiality
- The ability to work without supervision
- Effective communication
Below is presented an example cover letter for Accounting Clerk displaying similar qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounting Clerk Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Sterling:
Upon review of your posting for an Accounting Clerk at Peterson & Associates, I was eager to submit my resume. With my strong understanding of accounting principles and my sharp financial acumen—complemented by my superior organizational and analytical skills—I will significantly benefit your company in this position.
From achieving a strong knowledge of tax strategies and account reconciliation to managing invoices and analyzing/preparing reports, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With a solid foundation in general accounting functions, my communication and team leadership abilities position me ready to thrive in this position.
Highlights of my skill set include…
- Graduating with distinction with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and attaining comprehensive knowledge of strategic financial planning, tax preparation, and general US GAAP accounting principles.
- Capacity to skilfully handle billing, payroll processing, accounts payable / receivable, account audits, month-end closing, journal entries, data analysis, and general administrative support.
- Preparing financial and accounting-related reports and coordinating special projects while excelling within detail-oriented, deadline-driven environments.
- Utilizing time management, interpersonal, and coaching skills to motivate peers and generate peak results.
With my comprehensive understanding of accounting responsibilities, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
James R. Mott