Insurance Program Assistant / Senior Account Clerk / Senior Clerk
Administrative duties for the County health care insurance programs and workers' compensation. Review workers' compensation claim forms for completion and maintain records. Interpret health insurance plans and eligibility requirements for employee coverage inquiries. Research employee claim problems and refunds. Notify employees about eligibility of COBRA and retirement options. Verify vouchers and PO's for accuracy and compliance. Input expenditures into the ACS Accounts Payable Computer System. Schedule and coordinate training classes. Complete referrals, transcribe medical data, input and correct doctor's orders. Track, verify and process home care visits for completion, billing regulations and insurance verification. Edits, revises and uploads timesheets. Keep abreast of new regulations regarding Medicare, Medicaid and the OASIS program. Knowledge of basic medical terminology. Answer multi-line telephone systems consisting of two different public health departments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
- Created PowerPoint presentations to educate employees how to manage their high deductible and HRA debit card.
- Indexed and formatted, Wyoming County Board of Supervisors Proceedings into annual reference books utilizing Word.
- Researched, analyzed and assembled data into Excel spreadsheets for agency and state reporting.
- Developed and implemented a computerized documentation system to be utilized in the field which increased productivity and efficiency of the department.
- Maintained and updated employee data base for health insurance, employee status and demographics through Access.
- Maintained daily calendar of appointments for supervisor and scheduled meetings.