Accounting Specialist Cover Letter
Accounting Specialists handle the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and budgets of a business. Standard work activities include accurately processing accounts receivable and depositing payments into the company account, preparing, authorizing and sending payments to accounts payable, addressing discrepancies in both accounts payable and receivable, performing basic bookkeeping duties and preparing and delivering regular reports to stakeholders.
The following is a list of qualifications and abilities that are typically found on Accounting Specialist cover letters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet software
- Organization and planning skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with accounting software such as Quickbooks
- Money management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
Below is a sample Accounting Specialist cover letter that highlights these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounting Specialist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Santos,
Upon learning of your need for an Accounting Specialist, I have been inspired to submit my resume for consideration. As an Accounting Specialist with three years of experience handling the accounting and finances for Seacrest Enterprises, I believe my experience has honed the skills and abilities I need to make a difference at your organization.
My professional experience includes facilitating the smooth flow of accounts receivable and accounts payable, and promptly addressing issues as they arose. I am confident I can use what I learned from this experience to help Adams Industries succeed.
Below is a list of my most important qualifications and accomplishments.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from SUNY Oneonta
- Received payments and deposited funds into company bank account without error
- Prepared and authorized payments to vendors promptly
- Prepared daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports and presented them to decision makers
- Performed bookkeeping tasks on a regular basis
I believe what separates me from other candidates is I fully understand the importance of the role of Accounting Specialist. I take my job seriously, and you would not be disappointed by granting me an interview. If you would like to give me an interview, then please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Chris C. Duncan