Assistant Media Planner Cover Letter
Assistant media planners provide a breadth of administrative and operational support within advertising departments or agencies to drive media strategy development, advertising placements, and brand awareness and growth. Common work tasks performed in this role include conducting deep market research, analyzing target audiences, compiling data, preparing presentations and RFPs, and negotiating and securing advertising space. Strategic thinking, a strong knowledge of advertising and marketing tactics, and the ability to excel under pressure are all beneficial in this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Strategic media planning and buying
- Advertising planning and placements
- Advertising content planning
- Market and target audience research and analysis
- Insertion orders and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Media flighting
- Presentation creation
- Administrative assistance
- Meeting coordination and logistics
- Client service excellence
- Relationship building and management
Please find an example of a cover letter for an assistant media planner below mentioning comparable abilities and experience.
Dear Ms. Wesson:
Upon review of your posting for an assistant media planner to join your team at McCarson-Withers, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With my keen enthusiasm for coordinating and implementing strategic advertising and media plans, as well as my ability to excel in team-oriented, self-starting environments, I am confident that I will significantly benefit your organization and effectively support your media planning team.
From conducting in-depth research and analyzing results to collaborating with cross-functional staff and assisting in advertising content development, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With a solid foundation in the principles of advertising and marketing acquired through both my professional and education experience, my communication and time management capabilities prepare me to thrive in this challenging and energizing position.
Highlights of my background include:
- Excelling for the past two years as an assistant with Ryland Global in their advertising department, supporting a team of three advertising managers with negotiating and securing advertising space in various print marketing publications and facilitating an increase in product sales and brand awareness
- Assisting in daily media buying and planning activities, such as coordinating vendor transactions, placing insertion orders, handling monthly media flighting, preparing presentations, and performing market research
- Handling diverse administrative tasks including coordinating meetings, submitting catering orders, managing schedules, submitting expense reports, and answering phones
- Obtaining a bachelor of arts in marketing with an emphasis in advertising from City College of Nashville in 2015
- Demonstrating strong talents in client service, information analysis, research, and project management
With the skills gained from my professional and academic experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Kathryn C. Lacy