Virtual Assistant Cover Letter
Virtual Assistants provide operational and clerical support to clients over the Internet or other communication means. They are often required by busy entrepreneurs who need to delegate their daily tasks and concentrate on strategic actions. Examples of duties that a Virtual Assistant can perform include: managing emails, scheduling appointments, ensuring customer service, taking phone calls, updating databases, doing errands, updating websites, creating presentations, writing content, assisting with recruitment, and making travel arrangements. Many Virtual Assistants work on a freelance basis.
Based on our collection of example cover letters, the most sought-after skills in a Virtual Assistant are:
- Computer proficiency
- Organizational skills
- Effective communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Problem-solving orientation
- Diplomacy and tact
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Customer focus
Comparable Virtual Assistant abilities can be observed in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Virtual Assistant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Wills:
When I learned of your need for a Virtual Assistant, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a reliable, self-motivated, and efficient assistant with experience providing remote administrative and personal support to busy professionals across the globe, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to you.
From organizing travel arrangements and managing schedules to performing market research and identifying new business opportunities, my skills allow me to thrive in fast-paced independent environments that let me put my time management and organizational skills to use. Backed by my superior communication and multitasking capabilities, I excel at providing exceptional off-site support and generating optimal productivity and success for businesses.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing extensive support functions—including managing web content, communicating with teams, sending newsletters, and coordinating general operations—while maintaining a consistent level of professionalism and accuracy.
- Communicating consistently via phone, email, and Skype, ensuring reliable ongoing contact throughout the day.
- Demonstrating proficiency in a wide array of software programs, including social media channels.
- Balancing multiple tasks within time-sensitive environments while providing top-level organization and interpersonal skills.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest level of virtual assistance, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your business. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Brittany A. Thomas