Senior Strategic Planner and Policy Analyst
Senior strategic plans and policy analyst for Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA), Deputy Chief of Staff, G-3/5/7, Analysis Division, Army Asymmetric Warfare Office (AAWO). Designs, coordinates, and evaluates solutions for Army asymmetric warfare (AW) concepts, policies, and priorities. Prepares options and develops recommendations to Director of Operations, Readiness and Mobilization, DAMO-OD. Maintains visibility of the strategic environment at the Army, Joint, and OSD levels; applies subject matter expertise on strategic issues with respect to AW; ensures AW is captured in Army strategic documents, including the Army Strategy and Army Campaign Plan. Provides specialized expertise to plan, and coordinate, and assist in the execution of strategic decisions regarding AW policy throughout the Army.
- Coordinated and synchronized Army AW efforts with the Army Staff and subordinate organizations, including requirements for equipment acquisition, force structure, doctrine, leader development, and training.
- Principle author of the 2009 Army Asymmetric Warfare Concepts and Vision (white paper).
- Developed an Army CIED Strategy that ensures the Army is prepared for future, post Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, IED threats.
- Lead analyst for the assessment and review of the US Army's "2010 Counter Improvised Explosive Devise (CIED) Strategy".
- Lead analyst for the development and creation of the Department of the Army CIED Synchronization Integrated Process Team (IPT).