Business Office Manager
Lead all day-to-day financial operations of the budget and supervision of the revenue cycle staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, physician block utilization, scheduling, precertification, accounts receivable, payroll, and completing yearly Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports. Worked closely with Physicians, organizational leaders and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support operations.
- Skillfully managed facility operations as a functioning Administrator for an offsite Hospital venture.
- Recognized in ASC Becker's Review Magazine April 2011 for BOM of the Year.
- Responsible for increase in positive cash flow of $600K in 12 months and over $1M in 24 months.
- Made recommendations to improve Net Revenue by evaluating and reducing Pre-Op, Anesthesia, and PACU times, maximizing OR times, and ensuring clinically appropriate length of stay.
- Completed case cost analysis for all services, including surgical implants, to ensure payer reimbursement supported profit margin. Influenced positive changes to improve Income Statements and reduced fixed and variable expenses.
- Served on Utilization Review Committee reviewing patient charts and evaluation of healthcare services, ensuring appropriate levels of healthcare services are provided, based on Millimen and IntraQual guidelines.
- Prepared monthly and annual expense forecasts, including any necessary recommended action required to manage costs to achieve budget.