Management Trainee/outside Sales
As an Outside Sales Rep. I spend 80% of the time outside the store cold calling on potential customers and introducing them to what Fastenal can do for their business. If they are not aware of what we can offer them then I talk to them about the many product lines that we can offer to them. When I was not calling on potential customers I was calling on my current customers servicing them with fasteners and other parts they purchase from us. If a customer is having difficulty finding a certain part, I will offer to help them out by contacting one of the hundreds of vendors we have. Additional responsibilities that I now have since taking over the Management Trainee role at the Scottsdale, AZ store are to make sure that customers are caught up on their payments, if not I call them and ask when they will be paying their bill. I must also make sure the accounting portion that the store has to take care of is done every day. Other responsibilities that I have are to teach the new hires how to receive products that come in from our distribution center along with helping them source vendor parts that we do not offer through Fastenal.
- First quarter 2011 I have helped the store grow horizontally.
- Grew the store from upper $20,000 a month to mid to upper $30,000 a month.
- Products that I sell to customers besides fasteners include safety items, OEM parts, electrical, power tools, and chemicals.
- Cold called on potential customers explaining what Fastenal does along with servicing current customers.
- Pursuing business in different industries that include medical, military, construction, and car shops.
- Margin has been maintained over 50%.
- Currently have over 60 active customers per month while adding new customers to our business.
- In the first quarter I have added four new online accounts each month and trained customers on how to use our website.