Vice President and Country Manager
Appointed to transform the organization from an underdeveloped satellite sales team into a high-performing business unit that would ramp revenue, market share and profitability while building the K-C brand among retail and consumer customers. With full profit and loss, provided vision and leadership to a team of 118. Strengthened all operations including sales, marketing, category, trade utilization, product mix, productivity, finance, HR, and supply chain. Defined business strategies. Established and built organizational capability. Streamlined decision making through empowerment and accountability. Drove strategic alignment. Pioneered Lean principles in sales and marketing. Developed senior level customer partnerships and joint business plans. Built culture of professional development and talent optimization.
- Increased top line by $100M, from $550M to $650M.
- Grew sales at twice the market growth rate, increasing 15% despite a historic economic downturn and well established, deeply entrenched brands in a mature marketplace.
- Reinvigorated the Family Care portfolio of products, gaining distribution in all major customers and boosting portfolio revenue four times.
- Enhanced profit margins by 400 basis points.
- Improved receivables from 35 to 25 days, saving more than $10M.
- Turned around sales team performance, being named #1 in Canada for HABA in 2012 Advantage Survey, and winning 2012 Presidents Award for overall best business results in North America.