As a member of the COMPASS Development Team, I work with various units in the FBI to integrate data from many systems, i.e. Intelligence, Case, Workload, Personnel, and Accomplishments into one OLAP schema for a web-based program (COMPASS) with over 4,000 users.
- Perform analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of complex reports, ETL scripts and dashboards.
- Troubleshoot high level issues to identify and resolve problems caused by the database, source data, ETL, or the Business Intelligence software (common examples: nulls in data causing joins to function incorrectly; ETLs running out of sequence; Microstrategy Objects not set up properly).
- Write and modify SQL scripts to update tables, views and materialized views and used insert statements, cursors and bulk collects to move new data into the database.
- Update Oracle ETL packages, the Narrowcast server as parameters changed, and scheduler to run batch files to trigger ETL processes.
- Create, maintain and modify Attributes, Metrics, Filters, Facts, and Hierarchies.
- Use the Warehouse Catalog to move and update tables in Microstrategy.
- Create Parent/Child relationships and set up dynamic attributes.
- Created and updated Sources, Targets and Mappings in Informatica.
- Set dimensionality, conditions, filtering and grouping on metrics.