Regional Manager Cover Letter
Regional Sales Managers are responsible for units in a certain geographical area. These professionals make sure that company operations run smoothly and sales goals are attained. Typical job duties of a Regional Sales Manager are recruiting staff, maintaining stocks, preparing budgets, appraising and disciplining employees, completing audits, meeting financial objectives, setting sales quotas, cultivating customer relationships, liaising with suppliers, identifying customer opportunities, and scheduling expenditures.
Those interested in a Regional Sales Manager position should be able to demonstrate the following job skills throughout their cover letters:
- Selling skills
- Managerial abilities
- Computer competences
- Quality focus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal abilities
- Negotiation skills
- Results orientation
Comparable skills and experience are mentioned in the example cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Regional Manager Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. McKee:
When I saw the posting regarding your search a new Regional Manager, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated district retail manager with strong leadership and interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Mollerton Apparel’s goals in this role.
My background includes leading multi-unit operations, teams, and sales strategies to drive business and customer service success for highly successful and reputable retail companies. From achieving top sales performances and implementing innovative merchandising efforts to leading staff development and establishing revenue-enhancing processes, I excel at propelling sales and revenue growth, managing top-producing teams, and achieving corporate goals and objectives.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Advancing to Regional Manager for Prestigious Design through a series of promotions, overseeing merchandising, operations, sales, and team leadership for 18 retail store locations across the Pacific Northwest area with a combined annual sales volume of $14.9M.
- Directing day-to-day operations, visual / merchandising, and staff management functions to accelerate business success and goal achievement.
- Maintaining regional shrink at or below 0.7%—the lowest in the entire company.
- Creating and implementing new employee training programs, such as Progressive Training and Scheduling for Success, subsequently adopted in all stores across the country.
- Working closely and collaboratively with divisional merchandising managers, buyers, planners, and distributors to improve merchandise turns.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and organization skills and effective customer service strategies.
My skills in staff / operations management, merchandising direction, and dynamic sales leadership are proven, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Aaron C. Dimatteo