Inside Sales Representative Cover Letter
Inside Sales Representatives work at the company’s headquarters and are responsible for selling products and services, usually on the phone. Typical work activities of an Inside Sales Representative are identifying sales opportunities, making cold calls, assessing customer needs, forwarding qualified prospects to sales executives, closing sales, providing after-sales support, maintaining prospect databases, demonstrating product features, and collaborating with the marketing department.
Those interested in an Inside Sales Representative position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Selling skills
- Customer service abilities
- Conflict resolution
- Patience and perseverance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Computer competences
- Telephone etiquette
- Results orientation
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter highlighting comparable job requirements and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Inside Sales Representative Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Smith:
When I learned of Pioneer Books’ need for a new Inside Sales Representative, I was anxious to submit my resume for your consideration. As an experienced inside sales and customer service professional with a strong history of managing client relationships and increasing corporate revenues, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives in this role.
My experience providing outstanding customer service, achieving sales goals, and growing and nurturing beneficial account relationships positions me to substantially impact Pioneer Books. By leveraging an insightful ability to implement forward-thinking sales solutions, complemented by my exceptional telephone etiquette and networking talents, I excel at connecting with key sales decision makers to quickly build profitable and lasting partnerships leading to sustained revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Achieving significant sales and revenue growth through phone sales of products while providing world-class customer service and support for Navigant; worked with Navigant’s customer base to retain business and upsell new business.
- Recognized as a top sales performer; consistently surpassed monthly quotas by up to 270%.
- Calling prospective customers, promoting special offers and products, closing sales, processing orders, resolving inquiries, and providing after-sale support.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with customers, peers, and management teams to maximize client retention and satisfaction.
- Utilizing persuasive communication abilities and superior time management skills to achieve maximum sales and the highest level of customer service.
My dedication to creating solid and productive relationships, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed inside sales goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with my talents in sales team motivation and leadership, will allow me to greatly benefit Pioneer Books. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Maria N. Salinas