Area Manager Cover Letter
Area Managers usually work in the retail industry and are responsible for the operation of stores in a certain geographical area. These employees coordinate store managers, most times from a distance, to make sure sales targets are attained. Our collection of resumes for Area Manager reveals the following job duties: developing business strategies, setting sales quotas, leading store managers, monitoring store profitability, evaluating performance using specific metrics, and advising senior management with strategic decisions.
Those interested in an Area Manager position should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Management experience
- Store operations expertise
- Effective communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Business acumen
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer competences
Comparable Area Manager job skills can be seen in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Area Manager Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. King:
When I saw your posting for an experienced Area Manager to join your team, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated regional retail manager with more than 14 years of experience as well as strong leadership and interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Cedar Creek Sports’ goals in this role.
My background includes leading operations, teams, and sales strategies to drive business and customer service success for highly successful and reputable multi-unit retail store locations. From achieving top sales performances and implementing innovative merchandising efforts to leading staff development and establishing revenue-enhancing processes, I excel at propelling sales and revenue growth, managing top-producing teams, and achieving corporate goals and objectives.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Excelling in consecutive Regional Manager positions, most recently with Prime Time Market; overseeing merchandising, operations, sales, and team leadership for 5 retail store locations with a combined annual sales volume of $11.5M; realizing consistent year-over-year revenue growth.
- Directing day-to-day operations, visual / merchandising, P&L accountability, inventory / stock control, and staff training and management functions to accelerate business success and goal achievement.
- Cultivating and maintaining superior relationships with customers, corporate management, employees, and vendors.
- Mentoring, training, evaluating, and effectively leading personnel; maintaining exceptionally high staff retention rates, leading to strong and experienced teams.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and organization skills and effective customer service strategies.
My skills in staff / operations management, merchandising direction, and dynamic sales leadership across multiple retail locations are proven, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Kesha A. Gravelle