Meeting Planner Cover Letter
Meeting Planners are event management experts who are specialized in organizing meetings and conventions for various industries. Essential job duties of a Meeting Planner include discussing requirements with clients, determining the purpose of the event, selecting time and location, researching venues and service providers, making sure services meet client requirements, managing event bills, approving payments, and monitoring the event to make sure clients and attendees are satisfied.
A well-written cover letter sample for Meeting Planner should focus on the following skills and abilities:
- Event management experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation abilities
- Time management
- Problem solving orientation
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer competences
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to details
Below is provided a cover letter example highlighting comparable Meeting Planner skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Meeting Planner Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Ricks:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Meeting Planner, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an accomplished, organized, and creative professional with more than 12 years of experience overseeing highly successful meetings, events, and conferences, I am confident that I would significantly contribute to the success of your team’s objectives.
My background lies in planning, developing, and executing a wide variety of successful meetings, events, trade shows, internal trainings, and conferences within the pharmaceutical industry. With my ability to manage all logistical responsibilities, as well as my expertise in negotiating costs and approving payments, I excel at maximizing event attendance, forging beneficial relationships, and enhancing meeting/event experiences for attendees.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Planning, supervising, and executing a diverse array of highly successful trade shows, corporate and sales meetings, and general events comprising up to 1,200 attendees to enhance brand messaging and expand revenue-producing opportunities.
- Overseeing all aspects of meetings including site selection, budget administration, vendor/contract negotiation, catering, marketing materials, participant registration, audio/visual equipment, travel itineraries, and on-site transportation.
- Strategically negotiating substantial cost savings with contracted hotels and vendors for event-specific services; selecting, hiring, and managing third-party vendors to ensure optimal cost efficiency and end results.
- Interfacing with a variety of corporate departments—including creative, PR, and product development—to facilitate meeting/event strategy and management efforts.
- Building solid relationships with vendors, managers, caterers, and hotel and convention personnel through effective interpersonal, communication, and leadership abilities.
With my proven record of developing and overseeing productive and profitable meetings and events, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Julian R. Miller