Event Planner Cover Letter
Event Planners are in charge for a variety of events, such as festivals, conferences, fairs, exhibitions, product launches, and social events. Specific responsibilities listed on an Event Planner resume include discussing requirements with clients, performing market research, developing event concepts, allocating budgets, securing venues, liaising with suppliers, adhering to safety regulations, promoting the event with the help of public relations colleagues, and completing post-event evaluation.
The most sought-after skills in an Event Planner, based on our collection of sample cover letters, include:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail orientation
- The ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Time management skills
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
- Good numeracy and budgeting skills
- Decision-making and sound judgment
An example cover letter for Event Planner emphasizing similar experience can be consulted below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Event Planner Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Moss:
Upon consideration of your posting for an Event Planner, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an accomplished professional with more than eight years of experience overseeing highly successful trade shows, sales meetings, and conferences, I am confident that I would significantly contribute to the success of your team’s objectives.
My expertise lies in planning, developing, and executing a wide variety of successful events, trade shows, and conferences within various industries. With my ability to develop and implement logistical production plans, as well as my keen ability to build solid relationships with vendors and customers, I excel at maximizing event attendance and enhancing brand messaging.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Managing multimillion-dollar budgets and orchestrating a broad range of highly successful trade shows, corporate and sales meetings, and general events to enhance brand messaging and expand revenue-producing opportunities.
- Demonstrating expertise in budget management, marketing and promotions, production operations, financial management, and cross-functional team collaboration and leadership.
- Developing key partnerships and sponsorships with industry-leading companies to drive sales and company growth.
- Supporting the development of strategies to optimize event outcomes as well as to determine time frames, funding limitations, hospitality / transportation, and resource allocation.
- Interfacing with a variety of corporate departments—including creative, PR, and product development—to facilitate brand strategy and management efforts.
- Thriving within deadline-driven, fast-paced, and challenging environments.
My proven ability to direct successful events will contribute immensely to the success of any company looking to establish and/or expand their strategic event management and client relations efforts. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Bonnie M. Garza