Director of Special Events
In my first year we surpassed our fundraising goal and the $100k mark for the Chicago Jingle Bell Run/Walk for the first time, raising more than $24k over goal. We reached our highest participation number with over 1,800 participants. In 2015, we raised our highest total ever at almost $190k eclipsing our previous high of $158k. I directed our first and second Jingle Bell Run/Walks in Wheaton, nearly doubling participation from the 1st to 2nd year and raised over $14k more. In my first year coordinating our Chicago Walk to Cure Arthritis in 2015, it grew from a $99k event to $124k.
- Manager of Jingle Bell Run/Walks in Chicago, Western Suburbs (Wheaton) and River Valley (Kankakee) and the Chicago Walk to Cure Arthritis.
- Coordinates all aspects of Jingle Bell Run/Walks and Chicago Walk to Cure Arthritis, including sponsors, volunteers, participants and logistics.
- Responsible for fundraising for Jingle Bell Run/Walks and Walk to Cure Arthritis through sponsorship, event registration and donations.
- Recruits and trains volunteer committees for the Jingle Bell Run/Walk and Walk to Cure Arthritis.
- Cultivates contacts and relationships with potential sponsors, vendors and key business executives.
- Cultivates relationships with major donors, civic representatives, team captains and event participants.
- Conducts calls to corporations and businesses to generate new sponsorship and team participation.
- Assists teams and individuals with fundraising.
- Assisted at Lake County (Libertyville) and South Suburbs (Orland Park) Walks, Golf Classic and Black Tie Gala.