District Attorney Cover Letter
District Attorneys are responsible for prosecuting crimes against state or local ordinances. These legal experts determine whether cases should be brought to trial or not. Specific responsibilities of a District Attorney include the following: interviewing witnesses, presenting evidence, deciding if a defender should be prosecuted, studying further evidence, investigating illegal activities, negotiating for plea bargains, presenting their findings to judges, selecting jurors, and appealing lost cases to the next highest court.
A well-written example cover letter for District Attorney usually mentions the following job assets:
- Excellent legal knowledge
- Analytical skills and good observational abilities
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Computer competences
- Self-confidence and presentation skills
- Leadership and the ability to coordinate other legal workers
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter highlighting comparable District Attorney skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive District Attorney Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Padro:
As a highly skilled and educated attorney with 16 years of prosecutorial experience in the state of Washington, I am prepared to make a significant contribution to the Skagit County Court. With my credentials and experience in mind, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fill your opening for a new District Attorney.
My expertise lies in initiating, building, and trying criminal cases on the government’s behalf. With strong experience in conducting bench and jury trials while preparing discovery, pleadings, and various other legal documents, I possess an extensive background in representing Washington State against defendants. I have earned a reputation as a tough negotiator and a dedicated prosecutor with meticulous attention to detail and a dedication to upholding the laws of the criminal justice system. These attributes, combined with my superior analytical and research skills, will allow me to make a significant impact as your next DA.
My qualifications include the following:
- Overseeing a caseload of 80+ indictments and handling all aspects of criminal litigation for the Pierson County Court.
- Successfully trying 26 cases to verdict, investigating more than 295 cases for the Grand Jury, and negotiating over 750 felony and misdemeanor dispositions.
- Conducting long-term investigations of various criminal enterprises, working closely with law enforcement and other officials to obtain evidence while adhering to all protocol.
- Supervising detectives, investigators, and legal assistants in serving subpoenas, deposing witnesses, drafting and executing search warrants, and complying with extensive discovery requests.
- Demonstrating persistence, persuasion, leadership, and superior communication skills to interact effectively with legal staff, judicial personnel, and investigative teams.
- Earning my JD degree in 2001 from the University of Washington; graduating Summa Cum Laude.
With my background in representing the state of Washington in both misdemeanor and felony criminal cases, I am ready to provide outstanding service with the Skagit County Court. I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jacob L. James