Corporate Paralegal Cover Letter
Corporate paralegals provide overarching legal and administrative support to in-house general counsel for companies, assisting them with legal matters such as contract negotiations, regulatory compliance, trial preparation, and due diligence. Equipped with training and education in paralegal studies, these professionals often serve as liaisons between outside counsel and in-house attorneys. The ability to skillfully manage multiple competing priorities is helpful in this position, as are superior organization, analytical, and communication talents.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Preparing pleadings and motions
- Legal document drafting
- Database management
- Contract negotiation and development
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- Research and analysis
- Project life cycle management
- Due diligence
- Corporate governance
- Reporting and documentation
Please find an example of a cover letter below for a corporate paralegal including similar skills, qualifications, and experience.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Dewall:
As a seasoned paralegal with 11 years of experience supporting attorneys with corporate regulatory compliance and legal matters, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. With this in mind, I invite Jumpstart International to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the corporate paralegal role.
My experience lies in providing comprehensive assistance to corporate legal teams in areas encompassing arbitration and mediation, legal contract development, risk analysis, and trial administration for high-profile companies in a broad range of industries. My demonstrated success in preparing pleadings and motions and performing deep legal research – along with my achievement of paralegal certification – positions me to make a significant and positive impact on your company in this capacity.
Highlights of my expertise include the following:
- Facilitating corporate regulatory compliance, arbitration concerns, and legal contract administration for numerous leading companies while driving successful execution of large-scale projects within the finance, manufacturing, and telecommunications industries
- Providing comprehensive legal support to general counsel, including due diligence reviews, contract negotiations, trial preparation, document and database management, and risk management
- Drafting a broad range of legal documents including consents, board documents, certificates, contracts, notices, and formal agreements
- Serving as the chief point of contact for outside counsel regarding litigations and trial issues
- Demonstrating superior relationship management, staff motivation, and interpersonal skills
With my experience in corporate paralegal support, combined with my exceptional team leadership and analytical abilities, I am ready to provide outstanding service to Jumpstart’s legal team. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Bradley D. Hobbs