Associate Attorney Cover Letter
Associate Attorneys are in charge for resolving legal disputes on behalf of clients. Typical job duties of an Associate attorney are obtaining agreements, drafting contracts, conducting research, gathering data that is relevant to the case, supporting clients in court, settling claims, studying laws applicable to the case, assisting attorneys, handling administrative duties, managing legal documents, helping with tax returns, and maintaining databases. Associate Attorneys usually work under the supervision of experienced attorneys and provide assistance and support.
The ideal candidate for this job should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Legal knowledge
- Administrative skills
- Confidentiality and work ethics
- Being able to work without supervision
- Deadline orientation
- Computer competences
- Attention to details
- Effective communication
Similar skills and qualifications are presented in the sample cover letter for Associate Attorney displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Associate Attorney Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Job Title, check out our more complete Associate Attorney Job Description.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Jones:
As a skilled and highly knowledgeable professional with key experience in legal research, analysis, negotiation, and representation, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. With this in mind, I invite Jones & Parnell to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fill the Associate Attorney position.
Currently, I offer extensive general practice legal services—with a specialized focus on bankruptcy—in an internship capacity with Steeler, Gromman, and Norwood. Having recently earned my J.D. degree from the University of Virginia, I now stand prepared to leverage my advanced education coupled with my drive to ensure outstanding client representation and service to your firm’s benefit.
My qualifications and experience include the following:
- Researching, drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and litigating a range of legal documents for clients in chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings while effectively interpreting laws, rules, and regulations and analyzing probable outcomes.
- Meeting creditors, negotiating with lenders, and attending confirmation hearings while concurrently representing clients in foreclosure defense proceedings.
- Advising and counseling clients on various legal concerns, including bankruptcy, civil litigation, and estate planning.
- Demonstrating persistence, persuasion, leadership, and superior communication skills to interact effectively with clients and provide an excellent level of service.
With my background in providing legal assistance to a variety of clients—combined with my inherent understanding of legal contracts, negotiations, and proceedings—I am ready to provide outstanding service within your firm as your next Associate Attorney. I look forward to discussing this position with you in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Richard P. Garrett