Law Clerk Cover Letter
Law Clerks are junior judges or attorneys responsible for assisting judges during litigations. Their position is much more than that of a usual clerk, as they play an important part in the process of making legal decisions. Examples of Law Clerk duties include managing evidence, drafting legal documents, performing research, writing opinions, delivering subpoenas, and taking statements from witnesses. However, they are also required to offer administrative and clerical support to court officials.
A sample cover letter for Law Clerk should emphasize the following qualifications:
- Legal expertise
- Knowledge of legal processes
- An eye for details
- Organization and planning
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Logical thinking
- Typing and computer skills
- Time management
Similar Law Clerk qualifications can be consulted in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Law Clerk Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Maheu:
As a skilled professional with key experience drafting legal documents, performing in-depth research, and handling correspondence, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. I am confident that you will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value as your next Law Clerk.
From conducting research and analysis and organizing case files to analyzing client information and preparing various court records, my versatile background has prepared me to excel in this role. With a solid foundation in the fundamentals of legal strategies, my excellent communication talents, my resourcefulness, and my time management capabilities position me ready to thrive in this challenging field and to broaden my skill set within your firm.
Highlights of my background include:
- Achieving comprehensive knowledge of core legal principles while excelling in an internship position and honing my skills in legal research, case preparation, and client service.
- Preparing to achieve my Juris Doctor (JD) degree from Nantucket University.
- Communicating with district attorneys, judges, prosecutors, and clients to establish collaborative working relationships.
- Leveraging superior organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills to greatly contribute to legal projects and complex cases.
With my previous academic- and internship-based experience in legal operations, coupled with my deep understanding of legal terminology and documentation, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Dana R. Rogers