Court Interpreter Cover Letter
Court interpreters assist non-English-speaking individuals in the court system so that they can fully understand documentation, arguments, judges’ orders, and testimony. Often working with immigrants, these professionals utilize their honed interpersonal skills and their proficiency in foreign languages to help provide those individuals with fair representation within the legal system with regards to language barriers. Superior integrity, communication, and professionalism are beneficial to success in this position, as is a comprehensive knowledge of legal terminology.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Legal terminology translation
- Legal interpretation
- Testimony, arguments, and judges’ orders
- Affidavits and legal documents
- Court hearings and proceedings
- Document translation
- Sight interpretation
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpretation
- Client service and support
You will find below a sample cover letter for a court interpreter mentioning comparable skills and qualifications.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Cummings:
Upon review of your posting for a court interpreter, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a skilled professional with more than 16 years of experience providing real-time interpretation services for non-English-speaking immigrants within our nation’s court system, I feel confident in my ability to exceed your expectations for this role.
My background in successfully providing critical support to individuals struggling to communicate in English in a court of law prepares me to substantially impact your organization. With my solid history of providing accurate and reliable interpretation to speakers of both Spanish and Arabic – along with my superior communication and interpersonal talents – I am ready to extend my record of excellence with your team.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Serving as a court interpreter in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Mesa for the past 16 years, translating and interpreting testimony, arguments, judges’ orders, affidavits, and other legal documents for non-English-speaking immigrants and citizens
- Providing both consecutive and simultaneous interpretation services during court hearings
- Ensuring conveyance of language, tone, and style of speaker during interpretation
- Demonstrating proficiency in Arabic and Spanish, as well as an expert knowledge of legal terminology and a high degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Organized and personable with an outstanding reputation for excellent interpersonal skills
With my established record of success providing interpretation services within the court system, combined with my dedication to my career, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Lemuel N. Post