Attended home equity hearings, temporary injunction hearings, probate proceedings, and eviction matters in the justice of the peace, probate, district and appellate courts.
- Managed caseload of over 600 foreclosure-related cases including borrower disputes, excess proceeds
- Drafted and reviewed pleadings for probate, evictions, interpleader actions, deed of trust reformation and home
- Investigated and responded to foreclosure borrower disputes regarding payment histories, escrow analyses, chain of title, and debt validation, including negotiations to reduce client liability for wrongful foreclosure
- Reviewed title reports to determine lien priority and contacted opposing counsel and homeowner's associations to establish seniority status of liens.
- Researched statutory law and case law to ensure that firm practices were compliant with legal requirements.