Development Associate Cover Letter
Development Associates are hired by nonprofit organizations to support fundraising teams. These employees are in charge for multiple clerical tasks but also for cultivating donor relationships. Other duties of a Development Associate include: generating new fundraising ideas, organizing fundraising events, sending thank you notes to donors, conducting research, processing donations, answering to donor questions, maintaining records and databases, and attracting new donors.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following qualities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Fundraising abilities
- Donor relationships experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Being able to work without supervision
- Self-drive and enthusiasm for the cause the organization is supporting
- Multitasking and being able to work under pressure
- Computer competences
The sample cover letter provided below mentions comparable Development Associate skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Development Associate Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Conklin:
When I learned of your need for a new Development Associate to join your team, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my strong experience leading community relationship management, event coordination, fundraising efforts, and donor outreach, I feel confident in my ability to significantly benefit your organization in this role.
My background has consistently been characterized by my steadfast dedication to enhancing organizational performance and achieving—and often exceeding—fundraising objectives. With a unique blend of hands-on business experience coupled with proven success in fundraising and event coordination for smaller organizations, I am confident that my additional skills and qualifications will readily translate to this position and render me an invaluable asset to your team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Effectively spearheading donor communications, fundraising, donation processing, relationship building and management, event management, and general program oversight to drive organizational success and growth for The Langley Foundation.
- Orchestrated the annual donor appeal mailing project, sending 1,750+ direct mail pieces to both potential and current donors.
- Building, growing, and continually updating a prospective donor tracking system to eliminate overlapping fund requests and improve the ability to pinpoint and pursue uncommitted donors.
- Facilitating the planning and execution of numerous donor events, including the annual fundraising gala incorporating a silent and live auction.
- Developing solid, trusting relationships with community members and local businesses to achieve objectives.
With my proven expertise in marketing, fundraising, and community partnerships, coupled with my superior communication talents and my record of success in the non-profit sector, I will certainly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and your organization’s needs, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jasmine D. Beall