Legal Advisor Cover Letter
Legal advisors consult with clients or their employing companies, advising them on complex legal matters and suggesting the best courses of action for their benefit. Typical work activities performed in this role include negotiating and drafting legal documents, analyzing legal agreements, interpreting laws and statutes, and serving as a legal representative in the court system. Superior analytical, negotiation, and research skills are integral to success as a legal advisor, as is a law degree.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Legal advice and representation
- Legal document drafting, negotiating, and reviewing
- Legal and regulatory filings
- Legal opinions and briefs
- Law research and analysis
- Media and press relations
- Court proceedings and representation
- Consultative support
- Contract negotiation
- Dispute/conflict resolution
- Stakeholder relations
- Client service excellence
Below you will find a sample cover letter for a legal advisor including relevant skills and qualifications.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Jensen:
As an accomplished and skilled professional with comprehensive experience in legal research, analysis, negotiation, and advisement, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. With this in mind, I invite Wiseman Financial to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the legal advisor position you have available.
My background encompasses 10 years of excellent experience providing extensive legal advisory services to Fortune 500 companies, specializing in a variety of areas including real estate, tax law, investment agreements, and bankruptcy claims. My demonstrated success in advising corporate clients on optimal legal planning and strategies – along with my expertise in contract negotiations and compliance issues – positions me to make a significant impact on your firm.
My qualifications include the following:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and litigating contracts, leases, regulatory filings, and a broad range of other legal documents for companies including Raincheck, Blended Medium, and Causeway International while effectively interpreting laws, rules, and regulations, and analyzing probable outcomes
- Advising companies on their legal rights and recommending appropriate courses of action across various legal matters
- Representing companies in court and demonstrating proficiency in all civil and contract trial proceedings
- Preparing statements for the press and assisting companies with media relations efforts
- Tracking the development of applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and advising companies accordingly as pertaining to operational impact
- Demonstrating persistence, persuasion, leadership, and superior communication skills to interact effectively with diverse personalities and provide an excellent level of consulting service
With my background in providing overarching legal assistance to a variety of companies – combined with my inherent understanding of legal contracts, negotiations, and proceedings – I am ready to provide outstanding service as your next legal advisor. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Bruce R. Zepeda