Accounting Manager Cover Letter
Accounting Managers are in charge for monitoring and coordinating daily accounting activities. Some of their responsibilities include analyzing accounting data, generating financial reports, tracking debt activity, adhering to accounting principles, organizing regular audits, recruiting and training staff, and maintaining organization accounting information confidential. Accounting Managers should ideally be able to improve accounting systems and procedures and complete corrective actions; a good understanding of business objectives is crucial for the success of their work.
Successful example cover letters for Accounting Manager showcase the following requirements:
- Accounting practices and principles expertise
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of accounting software
- Being able to handle large amounts of complex information
- Integrity and work ethics
- Teamworking abilities
- Supervisory skills and leadership
Similar skills can be seen in the Accounting Manager sample cover letter featured beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounting Manager Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Tucker:
When I learned of Weaver’s need for an Accounting Manager, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an experienced professional with more than 12 years of experience directing all facets of accounting systems and operations, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From analyzing financial reports and overseeing budgets to implementing effective financial policies and preparing tax documents, I excel in strategically directing all business aspects of accounting and financial operations. My demonstrated success in developing and managing staff—along with my dedication to boosting the bottom line—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Accurately and expeditiously managing financial statements and analyses, month-end closing activities, technical accounting concerns, complex equity transactions, cash and account reconciliation, payroll calculations, financial reporting, and tax return preparation.
- Facilitating and directing full scale audits throughout life cycles from planning through execution; communicating effectively with internal and external teams, vendors, and C-level executives to compile information and ensure successful results.
- Suggesting and implementing improved and highly efficient internal accounting policies, procedures, and controls designed to maximize profitability and accuracy; updating accounting software systems to facilitate seamless and more efficient outcomes.
- Maintaining strict compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, GAAP, and SEC regulations.
- Excelling within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and motivating teams to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
With my experience in leading corporate accounting operations, combined with my inherent leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding accounting management service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Joanne J. Steinhoff