- Featured in:
The best examples from thousands of real-world resumes
Handpicked by resume experts based on rigorous standards
Tailored for various backgrounds and experience levels
More Solar Engineer
Edit This Resume
Solar Engineer Resume Success Stories
Solar Engineer Resume FAQ
What skills do solar engineers need?
A solar engineer may use the following hard and technical skills during their career:
- Electrical engineering
- Building site management
- Local building regulations
- Renewable energy
- System design
- Site surveying
- Solar PV (photovoltaic) knowledge
- Knowledge of design software like AutoCAD, Rhino or 3DS Max
Your solar engineering resume and career can also benefit from strong social skills. Written and verbal communication can help you explain and defend complex designs to clients and colleagues or collaboration skills can help you run construction sites. You can find our master list of the most requested soft resume skills here.
What should I put on my solar engineering resume?
For chronological and hybrid formats, your solar engineering resume will include the following mandatory sections; contact information, resume summary or objective, work history, skills and education. You can optimize your resume by following these tailored tips or visiting our resume writing guide for additional sample sections.
- Contact information: Place your full legal name and professional email address, phone number and relevant pages such as a professional website, online portfolio or LinkedIn.
- Resume objective or summary: Capture a hiring manager’s attention in the first seven seconds of their review with an impactful introduction. Choose one core accomplishment related to the job posting, such as overseeing the $3 million installation of solar panels with minimal delays or inflated costs, to catch their eye.
- Work experience: List your previous job titles, employer, dates of employment and city. Include three to four bullet points of responsibilities or achievements related to each job to help hiring managers measure your qualifications.
- Skills: Mention six to eight unique skills not mentioned in the previous sections. These entries can be related to specialized engineering knowledge or crucial collaboration skills.
- Education and certification: List your degrees and certifications from the most recent. Include the date issued and the name and address of the institution.
Visit our resume examples to study how job seekers demonstrate multiple skills across these three resume sections.