Gas Plant Operator/fire Safety Technician
Inspect and fill various gas cylinders including but not limited to: Oxygen, carbon dioxide, argon, nitrogen, helium, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, compressed air, methane mixtures, acetylene, propane, and carbon dioxide systems.
- Ensured proper shipping/handling protocol when handling hazardous/toxic materials.
- Performed service, recharge, and hydro test of fire extinguishers IAW the guidelines set by the National Fire Protection Association, The Department of Transportation (DOT), and city/state fire codes.
- Conducted modified hydrostatic testing of fire extinguishers, test cylinders, including wet chemical, Halon, and dry chemical.
- Provided fire safety training to a wide variety of corporations and their employees.
- Trained new employees in the operation of high pressure gas cylinder production equipment and fire equipment