Oral Surgery Assistant
Assist doctor in all aspects of oral surgery including such procedures as: wisdom teeth extractions, oral pathology, mandibular closed reductions, dental implants(Nobel), surgical extractions, bone grafts, impacted canine expose and bond, suture removal, IV sedation, and nitrous oxide sedation.
- Duties include but are not limited to the following: Monitor sedated patients, prepare operatory for procedures, sterilize instruments, maintenance of steam sterilizer and AT 2000 processor, taking and developing x-rays, reviewing pre-op/post-op instructions, thorough explanation of procedures and sedation options with patients, taking vital signs and making appropriate notations in patients record, and measuring of drugs to be used for IV sedations.
- Take alginate impressions for occlusal splints.
- Deliver, instruct, and make adjustments to occlusal splint.
- Responsible for tracking of drug log and crash cart inventory.
- Ordering of clinical supplies and keeping doctors cost at a minimum.
- Trained new clinical staff..
- Front desk duties such as: scheduling appointments, confirming insurances, checking patients in/out, etc.
- Providing excellent customer service.