Dental / Orthodontist Assistant
Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays and record treatment information in patient records.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Order and monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Clean and polish removable appliances, and apply protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
- Pour, trim, and polish study casts.
- Schedule appointments, prepare bills and receive payment for dental services, complete insurance forms, and maintain records, manually or using computer.
- Fabricate temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Clean teeth, using dental instruments.
- Fabricate and fit orthodontic appliances and materials for patients, such as retainers, wires, or bands.