Registered Dental Assistant Cover Letter
Registered Dental Assistants — also known as RDAs — are responsible for performing many varied tasks that range from caring for patients of a dental practice to performing lab work. They frequently work side-by-side with dentists. Duties of Registered Dental Assistants can vary depending on their employer or the state in which they work. A proven ability to give clear, easy-to-understand treatment directions and ease patients’ fears or anxieties are essential components of a Registered Dental Assistant’s job.
The following skills and qualifications are often found in example cover letters for Registered Dental Assistants:
- Maintains consistent flow of patients from reception to operatories Operates X-ray equipment to complete specified oral radiographic services
- Enters new patient information and schedules patient appointments using dental software Applies fluorides and other preventative agents to patient’s teeth
- Explains treatment plans to patients per dentist’s orders Maintains clean, sterile and safe patient rooms while optimizing comfort
Below is an example of a cover letter that details the pertinent experience and abilities for a Registered Dental Assistant.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Jervanio:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Registered Dental Assistant. For the past ten years, I’ve worked as a Registered Dental Assistant, and for the last five I’ve been practicing team dentistry. My competence of innovative dental practices and back office practices position me to readily fill the Registered Dental Assistant position Britling Dental Care is offering.
My experience is based in private-practice settings that emphasized the importance of applying the professional and ethical standards of health care delivery in every patient interaction. I have also worked in a practice that specialized in implant dentistry and have extensive experience assisting during these type of procedures.
Below are some highlights of my related qualifications and experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of dental procedures and terminology.
- Assisted dentist during complex dental emergencies.
- Recorded medical and dental histories of patients efficiently Provided dental education to patients as per dentist’s instructions.
- Made preliminary impressions of teeth for study casts.
- Communicated competently with Spanish-speaking patients; bilingual in English/Spanish Performed classic and digital X-rays as specified by dentist.
- Utilized proper sterilization techniques in regards to instruments, rooms and other work surfaces Inventoried all dental supplies and handled orders and deliveries.
As you can see, my experience and qualifications align perfectly with what you are seeking in a Registered Dental Assistant. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you at your earliest convenience to discuss how I can serve as a valuable member of your dental team. I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you soon.
Thank you for your consideration.