Dental Hygienist Cover Letter
Dental Hygienists work in dentists’ offices and are in charge for cleaning patients’ teeth. Other duties of a Dental Hygienist include providing instructions, educating patients on dental hygiene matters, removing plaque, teaching brushing and flossing techniques, taking X-rays, applying materials that prevent tooth decay, maintaining patient records, and updating their knowledge in the field. These professionals are also required to maintain sterile conditions and to use various dental instruments.
Based on our selection of Dental Hygienist example cover letters, the most sought-after skills for this role are:
- Technical skills and medical teamwork
- Infection control and knowledge of hygiene standards
- An empathetic manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Observation spirit
- Computer literacy
The sample Dental Hygienist cover letter provided below showcases similar qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Dental Hygienist Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Dr. Lee:
When I learned of your posting for a Dental Hygienist, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an educated and enthusiastic student of dental hygiene with excellent abilities in a variety of dental practices and procedures, I am confident that I could make a positive impact as a member of your team.
My experience lies in achieving solid knowledge of numerous dental procedures while consistently educating patients on oral hygiene and daily treatment activities. With my solid team playing and communication skills, along with my dedication to providing optimal patient experiences, I am positioned to excel in this role at your office.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Achieving proficiency in scaling, root planning, fillings, impressions, applications, polishing, irrigations, and x-ray development.
- Educating patients of all ages on proactive oral hygiene and nutrition practices to promote dental awareness and healthy checkups.
- Ensuring pleasant and rewarding patient dental visits to generate a high level of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Collaborating with peers and managers to create a positive and productive work environment.
With my solid understanding of dental hygienist functions and my commitment to providing first-rate treatment plans and patient care while providing overall dental support, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you. I look forward to discussing the position further. Thank you for your time and consideration.