Help Desk Technician
Provide telephone or electronic 1st-level technical support for the determination, resolution, or escalation of technical problems related to Windows environments and Windows applications, electronic mail, enterprise applications and databases, security issues, desktop hardware/software, server hardware/software, and production equipment related issues.
- Troubleshoots problems using remote desktop control products where possible and documents all services provided
- Interacts with customers with a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department
- Uses verbal and written communications to demonstrate a customer-focused attitude when dealing with customers
- Uses the Support Center ticket database (Service Center) to open and track tickets
- Resolves problems at 1st level at least 60% of the time
- Escalate open tickets when necessary to a 2nd-level Technician