Help Desk Support Cover Letter
Help Desk Support staff are in charge for solving customer issues through direct contact or over the phone. Some Help Desk Support employees can also be reached online, and their main responsibilities include identifying customer issues, selecting the resources needed to correct the problem, updating customer data, recording interactions with customers, applying help desk procedures, reporting to managers, referring escalated customer issues to team leads, and preparing reports.
A successful cover letter sample for Help Desk Support should emphasize the following skills and qualifications:
- Customer service expertise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Patience and resilience to stress
- Conflict resolution
- Computer competences
- Attention to details
- Good listening skills
- Being able to work under pressure
A successful Help Desk Support cover letter example highlighting comparable abilities is provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Help Desk Support Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Hensley:
When I learned of your need to add a new member to your Help Desk Support team, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With my experience in providing internal and external customers with comprehensive technical assistance—along with my superior interpersonal and time management skills—I am confident in my ability to significantly benefit your organization.
With a broad range of computer and system proficiencies, my solid technical aptitude positions me ready to thrive in this challenging role. From maintaining systems and running diagnostics to responding to user inquiries and ensuring prompt attention and service, my experience is sure to be a strong match with your needs. Furthermore, I have earned a reputation as a patient, communicative, and professional technician with a steadfast eye on ensuring optimal system functionality.
Highlights of my background include:
- Responding to user help requests via phone and/or email pertaining to computer, email, phone, software, or hardware issues and concerns.
- Preparing equipment for employee use, ensuring proper and rapid installation of services, operating systems, and software packages.
- Maintaining detailed records of all communications, problems, and remedial actions, as well as follow-up steps to ensure full resolution.
- Possessing a keen aptitude for diverse technology programs and solutions; proficient in an extensive list of applications, programs, and platforms (see attached resume for more details).
- Earning an AAS in Network Administration from Grand Rapids Community College.
With my experience in help desk support and customer service, coupled with my time management and problem solving abilities, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
John N. Patrick