More Business Development Executive Resumes
Use these Business Development Executive samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
More Jobhero Resources
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume
Business Development Executive Resume FAQ
What is the role of a business development executive?
Business development executives are responsible for developing and executing plans for corporate growth. They generate sales leads, reach out to potential clients and motivate existing clients to invest more in the company. They also use their knowledge to improve the quality of a business’s products and services.
What are business development skills in a resume?
Based on an analysis of our resume database, some of the top skills for business development executives include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Advanced data analysis
- Product knowledge
- Sales techniques
- Relationship maintenance
What are the achievements of a business development executive?
Business development executives should always highlight their career achievements using quantifiable metrics, and business development executives have plenty of them.
Candidates may choose to highlight:
- The value of their area of responsibility. For example: Oversaw an annual office product spend of between $100k to $1 million a year.
- The amount of money generated in sales. For example: Generated $75k in new business over two years.
- The number of new clients brought on board. For example: Booked an additional eight new clients and revamped over 30 house accounts within the first 90 days.
Who is a business development executive?
Business development executives aim to increase a company’s sales and customer base with well-executed development plans. A four-year bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement for business executives entering the profession today. Many choose to get an advanced degree in business administration, finance or economics.
How do I write a business development resume?
To make your business development resume as appealing as possible, you should do the following:
- Insert your contact info in the header.
- Write a short, pointed professional summary or resume objective.
- List your work experience, starting with your most recent job. Make sure to highlight your most significant accomplishments in each role, citing quantifiable metrics whenever possible.
- Include your education and any professional certifications.
- Showcase both your hard skills and your soft skills.
- Consider creating additional sections like volunteer work, languages, and hobbies or interests.
- Read the job description closely and customize your resume accordingly.
- Proofread your document before you submit it.