General Assistant Cover Letter
General Assistants support management staff at companies and deliver overarching administrative assistance to optimize productivity and efficiency. Responsibilities for this job include tasks such as answering phones, greeting customers, sorting mail, drafting documents, updating schedules, ordering supplies, and restocking materials.
Cover letters for this role usually include mention of the following types of skills:
- Administrative support/assistance
- Calendar management
- Inventory control
- General reception
- Customer service
- Filing systems
- Task prioritization
- Project coordination
A sample cover letter for a strong candidate for a General Assistant position is shown below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive General Assistant Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Blacke:
Upon learning of your posting for a General Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and motivated professional prepared to excel in providing key administrative support to advance Inkosi’s goals, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your objectives in this position.
From facilitating special projects and greeting clients to maintaining filing systems and collaborating effectively with cross-functional staff, my background has positioned me to excel in this role. With a talent for prioritizing tasks, along with my excellent oral and written communication skills, I offer you dedication to your organization’s mission as well as a commitment to driving your success through vital administrative support.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Providing comprehensive administrative support within fast-paced office environments, skillfully handling tasks such as scheduling, inventory stocking, basic accounting tasks, document drafting, phone reception, and mail distribution.
- Initiating and implementing improved processes and procedures—including a new method for preparing package shipments—to boost efficiency.
- Communicating directly and professionally with customers while providing a courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly level of service.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while demonstrating top-level organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving abilities.
My abilities in general office administration and organization are strong, and I am confident my additional strengths will easily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Robert N. Clapp