Advisor Cover Letter
Advisors help clients make informed decisions and work with people who need counseling for instance to advance their career or to run a business successfully. Essential work duties of an Advisor are taking part in meetings, reviewing client circumstances, completing risk analysis, designing strategies, collecting information from various sources, monitoring changes in legislation that can affect client activity, identifying training needs and making suggestions, liaising with other organizations, and taking part to educational opportunities to improve their job knowledge.
Those interested in an Advisor position should focus on the following skills and abilities in their cover letters:
- Advising skills
- A non-judgmental approach
- Business acumen
- Accountancy and finance training
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Organization and planning
- Self-drive and discipline
- Creativity and problem-solving abilities
- Computer competences
Comparable skills and abilities required to an Advisor can be seen in the sample cover letter provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Advisor Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Ball:
Upon learning of your need for an experienced Advisor to come on board your team at Your Way Coaching & Consulting Services, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. My proven expertise in supporting and advising diverse clients through a variety of personal and professional challenges—as well as my superior communication and interpersonal skills—gives me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your clients.
From performing client assessments and developing customized strategic action plans to responding effectively to inquiries and dynamically coaching clients to achieve their unique goals, I am well positioned to excel in this role. My ability to connect with clients and establish trusting relationships—along with my consistent mindfulness of my personal responses to clients—prepares me to thrive in this challenging position.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Working successfully with clients facing psychological, physical, lifestyle, career, and substance abuse challenges as an Advisor with The Millennium Institute.
- Utilizing superior organizational and interpersonal abilities to provide optimal solutions and support.
- Gaining a breadth of experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, and age groups.
- Cultivating and managing excellent relationships with clients, identifying individual goals and implementing strategies to drive goal achievement.
- Earning recognition from clients, peers, and managers for my empathic nature, active listening talents, and talent for motivating and encouraging clients through difficult and/or emotional circumstances.
- Obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology—with Honors—from the University of Pittsburgh.
With my previous professional experience, complemented by my dedication to providing motivational assistance to clients in need, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in detail would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration.
Janet M. Watson