Accounts Receivable Specialist Cover Letter
Accounts receivable specialists manage invoicing and payment processing for moneys owed to companies or organizations. Equipped with strong accounting competencies and financial acumen, these professionals typically issue invoices, coordinate collections, record deposits, and generate and maintain accounting reports. Strong analytical, time management, and organization skills are essential to success in this position, as is scrupulous attention to detail.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Invoice issuing and tracking
- Account collection and monitoring
- Payment processing
- Report generation and analysis
- Payment posting
- Balance and account reconciliation
- Customer service
- Ad-hoc requests and projects
- Basic accounting proficiencies
- Team collaboration and leadership
An example of a cover letter for an accounts receivable specialist follows below mentioning similar types of skills and qualifications.
Dear Ms. Rondon:
Upon review of your posting for an accounts receivable specialist, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. With comprehensive experience and knowledge in accounts receivable and collections, along with my abilities in time management, communication, and leadership, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit Reach Technologies in this role.
My extensive background in analyzing accounts, investigating discrepancies, identifying and resolving billing issues, and maintaining accounting reports has prepared me to excel in this position. With a strong foundation in customer account review and past-due collection, my problem-solving and project management abilities position me to thrive as your next accounts receivable specialist.
Highlights of my background include:
- Excelling as accounts receivable coordinator with Running Poplar Systems for the past five years and successfully facilitating the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing processes for accounts receivable, including preparing reports and schedules, assessing revenue, and delivering ad-hoc information requested by other departments and teams
- Consistently reducing bad debt to “excellent levels” through proper assessment, negotiation, and settlement of outstanding balances
- Identifying and recovering unpaid moneys and deficiency balances associated with cancelled accounts while successfully motivating customers to facilitate prompt repayments
- Interacting with a variety of professionals and groups to gather information and spearhead collections organization and execution
- Utilizing analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills to generate peak results and top performance levels
With in-depth experience in accounts receivable methodologies, coupled with keen financial acumen and enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could quickly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Lizbeth R. Tobin