Assistant Accounts Payable Manager
Manage staff of 4 supervisors, 17 accounts payable associates, and 4 file clerks. Accountable for all general accounts payable functions including, twice a week cash forecasting, month end journal entries and reconciliation, process 1099 reports, handled general accounting issues, and staffing functions for a privately owned retail fashion company.
- Instrumental in supporting the company's rapid growth and expansion, including managing the processing of up to 50,000 invoices ($25M) per month.
- Developed and implemented new processes to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department and increase staff accountability.
- Effectively managed a team by recruiting, developing, setting priorities and providing clear direction to the employees, address performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Automated manual accounting and financial analysis/reporting functions with Excel
- Spearheaded the implementation and staff training for ACOM EZPay electronic check signing software.
- Served as liaison for the accounts payable department in providing resolution to invoice disputes.