More Learning And Development Manager Resumes
Use these Learning And Development Manager samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
More Jobhero Resources
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume
Learning And Development Manager Resume FAQ
What does “training and development” mean on a resume?
When “training and development” appears on a resume, it suggests the candidate has experience developing, implementing and tracking development programs. Training and development professionals aim to create value for a business through employee training programs.
What skills does a learning and development manager need?
According to our resume database, the skills most successful learning and development candidates include on their resume are:
- Leadership: The foundation of good management is leadership, so many candidates choose to emphasize the size of their team and the projects they’ve spearheaded.
- Project management: Since you’d be overseeing large initiatives, showing knowledge of process flows and project management software is essential.
- Budgeting: You must be comfortable with numbers as you will be responsible for devising the annual budget.
- Written and verbal communication: Learning and development managers must communicate effectively at every stage, from ideation to implementation and post hoc analysis.
- Presenting: In addition to communicating effectively, you must be comfortable presenting in front of large groups and advocating for your team.
How do I list my training skills on my resume?
If you’re applying for a training and development job, training skills should be included in three sections of your resume: the resume objective, work history and skills.
Skills should be cited throughout the two- to three-sentence objective statement. In the work history, skills should be demonstrated in your achievements. In the skills section, you can simply list them.
What is the role of a training and development manager?
Training and development managers are responsible for identifying training needs, then developing programs to meet those needs. Additionally, they must work closely with other managers, set their departmental budget and meet the goals laid out by the company leaders.
How can a training manager be effective?
Training managers are most effective when they have a passion for learning and an ability to assess the training needs of a company — large or small. They are most effective as strong communicators with an in-depth understanding of the core mission of their company, and the creativity and leadership to execute their vision.