Shipping & Receiving Clerk/maintenance
Examined contents and compared with records, such as manifests, invoices, and ordered, to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipment.
- Conferred and corresponded with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisitioned and stored shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock. Packed, sealed, labeled, and affixed postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
- Determined shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Prepared documents, such as work ordered, bills of lading, and shipping ordered to route materials.
- Contacted carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Recorded shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record-keeping purposes.
- Computed amounts, such as shipping charges, using calculator and price list.
- Cleaned factory floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.